Eagle River Smiles’ COVID-19 Updates
Status: In accordance with the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Alaska Dental Society (ADS), our office will remain open for emergency appointments only.
Upcoming Appointments: If you have traveled outside of Alaska within the last 14 days, have been exposed to someone with coronavirus, or are experiencing symptoms such as a cough, shortness of breath, and/or fever, please call our office so we can help you to reschedule your appointment.
In light of the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) global health crisis, Eagle River Smiles would like to continue to assure our patients of the steps that we are taking during this time. We are following the guidelines that have been set by the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Alaska Dental Society (ADS) in order to help the emergency care systems in the state of Alaska, while continuing to provide emergency care for our patients.
While we strive to offer a clean and safe environment for all of our patients, we understand that additional measures are needed during this time. We are taking the following steps in our offices:
- Employees have been directed to stay home if they are not feeling well or if they have been around someone who has been sick.
- Employees are to practice frequent hand-washing with soap and water.
- Employees are required to wear appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) and change the PPE for each patient.
- Operatories and equipment are thoroughly sanitized between patients.
- Waiting rooms, counters, door knobs, and other areas that are frequently touched are being sanitized multiple times during the day.
- If you are coming in for an appointment, we encourage you to only bring those guests that need to be present for the appointment. We encourage all other family members and support members to wait in the car until the patient’s appointment is finished.
Everyone can help by taking steps to keep our community healthy:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth, and face.
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow when coughing or sneezing.
- Practice social distancing and allow yourself six feet of space between you and the person beside you.
If you have any further questions regarding your appointment, please contact our office so we can find the best way to assist you. We appreciate your trust and will continue to monitor the situation and adjust our practices as need.
Thank you and stay safe!
Eagle River Smiles